It’s been awhile, I know. I had been posting quite regularly and now here we are, midway through February with near radio silence for all of January.
Well, long story short I caught COVID19 and it hospitalized me.
I’m out of the hospital now, but the recovery has been very slow going. That also means that my paid time off at work is coming to a swift end. Thankfully, as a Canadian, I don’t have a hospital bill to worry about but I do have a (if small) house and bills. Royalties on one book, while regular, aren’t as much as could be.
I do, however, have a Patreon and there are some added bonuses to supporting my Patreon:
- It’s tax deductible as a real donation. For real. The CRA, IRS, and other tax agencies recognize Patreon support.
- You get stuff and other added bonuses as a thank you, depending on level of support of course as well as length of time supporting.
- Exclusive sneak peeks to my creations and other behind the scenes stuff. This doesn’t only include random bits of writing but also artwork and sketches.
- Exclusive access on my Discord with a snazzy special tag to denote your support compared to anyone else.
- Early access perks with first in line (sometimes even before the line is even open) access to events.
Plus any other bonuses I can think of including answering random stuff to create content for my supporters because sometimes I get stuck and I’m not sure what people would want so throw me an idea and I’ll do what I can to make it happen.
This would help alleviate a bit of that stress of wondering how I’m going to pay my hydro bill in the near future while taking the time to recover. I do a little bit of fiction writing and filling my sketchbook because it helps in the recovery, so I will also be posting that for my supporters of the Patreon.
You can find my Patreon here or at https://www.patreon.com/KMCannon
Leave a Reply